Past research has shown that employee training in soft skills can boost productivity, morale, and satisfaction. But a new study adds a layer of nuance: In a National Bureau of Economic Research working paper, researchers found that whether or not an employee sees any meaningful performance gains from a soft-skills training program depends in large part on how they got there.
Already a member? Sign in.
Join Charter Pro to gain access.
Indispensable for your job, expensable to your company. Become a member to get unlimited access to our news and insights, and:
- Learn from experts in AI, flexible work, and equity
- Quickly and confidently implement our customizable tools, templates, and benchmarks
- Connect with leaders at our live events and virtual workshops
- Drive business impact with essential analysis
- Stay ahead on critical workplace issues