In a recent pulse survey from PricewaterhouseCoopers, 81% of CHROs said they were planning to make cuts over the coming year through tactics like hiring freezes, early retirements, and the one that’s been dominating headlines over the past few weeks: layoffs.
Recent widely publicized examples have ranged from empathetic to chaotic. Behind the scenes, well-executed, humane reductions in force have one key element in common: They’re the product of close collaboration across the leadership team.
Here’s what that looks like in practice.
Already a member? Sign in.
Join Charter Pro to gain access.
Indispensable for your job, expensable to your company. Become a member to get unlimited access to our news and insights, and:
- Learn from experts in AI, flexible work, and equity
- Quickly and confidently implement our customizable tools, templates, and benchmarks
- Connect with leaders at our live events and virtual workshops
- Drive business impact with essential analysis
- Stay ahead on critical workplace issues