In her new book Reimagine Inclusion: Debunking 13 Myths to Transform Your Workplace, Pro member Mita Mallick, head of inclusion, equity, and impact at Carta, shares a three-part framework for more inclusive leadership: provide access to a seat at the table, amplify others’ voices, and advocate for those with less power.
The first of those three pillars, access, “is the starting point for our teams to understand we hired them for a specific reason,” she writes. “That we value their expertise and their skills. Ultimately we want them to have access in our workplaces so they feel included.” Below—from a chapter titled "Myth #2: I Always Allow Everyone to Speak in Meetings. Of Course I Am an Inclusive Leader"—is an excerpt from Reimagine Inclusion that highlights a key element of providing access: making meetings more inclusive.
Already a member? Sign in.
Join Charter Pro to gain access.
Indispensable for your job, expensable to your company. Become a member to get unlimited access to our news and insights, and:
- Learn from experts in AI, flexible work, and equity
- Quickly and confidently implement our customizable tools, templates, and benchmarks
- Connect with leaders at our live events and virtual workshops
- Drive business impact with essential analysis
- Stay ahead on critical workplace issues