Preparing for the Return
What you need to do to get a head start before your team heads back to the office.
Employees are coming back to the office soon, and they are not the same people who left in March 2020. Some are burned out. Others are restless about their jobs. They are reflecting on how work fits into the rest of their lives, and perhaps feel empowered about what they expect from us, their managers and employers.
For most organizations, this is necessarily a time of focusing on stabilizing retention, increasing employee engagement, and reducing burnout.
On top of that, experts who study businesses say that there are rare moments when you can shift culture and practices. These are usually “frozen,” but a world-changing event like the arrival of Covid unfreezes them, and creates opportunities to rethink ways of working and collaborating.
Already a member? Sign in.
Join Charter Pro to gain access.
Indispensable for your job, expensable to your company. Become a member to get unlimited access to our news and insights, and:
- Learn from experts in AI, flexible work, and equity
- Quickly and confidently implement our customizable tools, templates, and benchmarks
- Connect with leaders at our live events and virtual workshops
- Drive business impact with essential analysis
- Stay ahead on critical workplace issues