An issue that’s further out, but which is vital for leaders of the talent agenda to have on their radars: the impact of expected Supreme Court decisions on affirmative action in university admissions.
Our current view—after speaking with legal experts and people leaders—is that the Court’s decisions, likely to land next June, could handicap companies’ efforts to hire diverse teams.
- If the court strikes down affirmative action, as expected, it would likely reduce the racial diversity of the student bodies at elite universities that businesses recruit from.
- Beyond that, it could have a chilling effect on corporate diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives, in particular efforts to hit targets for workforce diversity.
What is your biggest challenge?
We can help, with Charter Pro research, reporting, and advisory support.
- Access to our Slack community
- Actionable toolkits, guides, and resources
- In-depth research and case studies